1 flank steak
1 (1.06-ounce) packet McCormick Zesty Herb marinade (or similar)
1 1/2 cups red wine
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
1. In a large zip-top bag or container, combine all ingredients. Seal bag or container. Marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Remove flank steak from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat grill, griddle, or grill pan to medium-high heat.
3. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grate. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium, depending on the thickness of the steak.
4. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, slice in half with the grain and then in thin slices against the grain.
This recipe is from Sandra Lee of FoodTV fame. I’ve been making it for the past year on a griddle on the stovetop and looking forward to finally getting to do it on the grill outside so it wouldn’t smoke up the house! I wasn’t disappointed at all. The grill did a great job of cooking the steak and it turned out lovely. One of the things I like about flank steak is that the thickness varies the length of the cut so it suits everyone’s desires for doneness.
Shown here with Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Strata.