Pork Loin Braised in Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 pound pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoon cooking fat such as olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a small bowl combine garlic, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper. Rub pork with mixture and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add fat to Dutch oven (or lidded skillet) and heat over medium-high heat. Place pork in skillet and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Add 1 cup coconut milk and stir, scrapping browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low. Add 1 cup coconut milk and cover.
- Cook pork 2 hours on low, turning every 15 minutes. After 1 hour, add remaining 1 cup coconut milk. After 2 hours, remove pork from Dutch oven and rest on serving dish, lightly covered with foil.
- Increase heat under Dutch oven to medium. Add 1⁄4 cup water and stir, cooking until sauce reduces to desired consistency.
- Thinly slice pork and serve with sauce.
I think this is the first officially Paleo recipe that I ever made. It was super simple and very tasty! I found it on Paleo Leap, one of the many Paleo blogs that I started following in 2014. The coconut milk make the house smell amazing and the meat came out very tender and flavorful. This is definitely a keeper of a recipe.