Pork Roast with Dijon Glaze
For the roast
- 3 pound pork roast
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
For the glaze
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 425*F.
- Place roast in baking dish and score fatty side with sharp knife.
- Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub spices on all sides of roast, getting into all of the scores. Sprinkle cilantro over top.
- Roast 15 minutes at 425*F then reduce heat to 350*F and cook another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk glaze ingredients together in small bowl. After the roast has cooked 30 total minutes, remove from oven and brush all sides with glaze, getting glaze into all of the scores.
- Return to oven and cook, still at 350*F, for another 40 to 50 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer reads 150*F. Remove roast from oven and allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
This recipe is from Paleo Leap and, even though I didn’t make it that long ago, I actually don’t remember it. I’m sure it was tasty enough since I certainly don’t have bad memories of it!